Disney Crossy Road is a mobile game based on Crossy Road for Windows, iOS, and Android devices. The game is currently on The Cars Update (Version 3.0).
"Why should the chicken get all the fun?" From Hipster Whale, the makers of the original Crossy Road with over 120,000,000 downloads, and Disney comes Disney Crossy Road, an all-new take on the 8-bit endless adventure to cross the road without splatting! Tap and swipe your way to a record-setting number of steps with 600+ Disney and Pixar figurines while dodging crazy and unexpected obstacles in 8-bit worlds!
- COLLECT over 600+ Disney and Pixar figurines (many with fun surprises)!
- JOURNEY through 8-bit depictions of iconic locations while enjoying 8-bit versions of familiar tunes!
- MASTER special themed challenges unique to each of the worlds and then some!
- March 28 - The game is released on the U.S. App Store
- April 28 - The Jungle Book Update (+25 New Characters)
- May 26 - Alice Through the Looking Glass Update (+35 New Characters & Daily Missions)
- June 30 - Finding Dory Update (+37 New Characters & Bundle Packs)
- July 28 - Pirates of the Caribbean Update (+28 New Characters)
- September 1 - Monsters, Inc. Update (+28 New Characters & Weekend Challenges)
- September 29 - Aladdin Update (+33 New Characters)
- October 27 - The Nightmare Before Christmas Update (+40 New Characters)
- November 17 - Moana Update (+20 New Characters)
- December 15 - Christmas Update (+35 New Characters)
- January 12 - Mulan Update (+38 New Characters)
- February 9 - The Incredibles Update (+34 New Characters)
- March 16 - Beauty and The Beast Update (+26 New Characters)
- April 20 - Lilo & Stitch Update (+45 New Characters)
- May 24 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Update (+19 New Characters)
- July 15 - Cars Update (+43 New Characters)
- ??? - DuckTales Update (+?? New Characters)
- ?? November ?? - Coco Update ?? (+?? New Characters)
Look here: List of Figures
Currently, there are 669 known playable characters. Each Character is divided up into 1 of 6 categories: Classic, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Enchanted and Diamond. Classic characters have a higher chance of being won in the prize machine, while Rare being harder and Epic being the hardest. Secret characters and daily mission characters are also ranked classic, rare, and epic but can only be obtained through special requirements and daily missions respectively. The only Legendary characters, Hamm and Genie in the Lamp, give the player permanent extra bonuses in-game. Enchanted characters are only available through Weekend Challenges for a limited time. Diamond characters are purchased with tickets or unlocked with stars. Characters that can be earned through the prize machine can also be bought before they are earned. Prices are as follows:
- Classic Character - $0.99
- Rare Character - $1.99
- Epic Character - $2.99
- Legendary Character - $4.99
Additionally, Bundles of characters can be purchased with variable prices depending on the quantity of characters included. To view the full list on in-game characters, scroll down to the templates, found at the bottom of the page.
Upcoming Worlds & Characters
|Coco (November Confirmed)|
Cars Upcoming Characters
DuckTales Upcoming Characters
The Nightmare Before Christmas Upcoming Characters
Aladdin Upcoming Characters
Mickey Mouse & Friends Upcoming Characters
Moana Upcoming Characters
Beauty & The Beast Upcoming Characters
Lilo & Stitch Upcoming Characters
Finding Dory Upcoming Characters
Zootopia Upcoming Characters
Tangled Upcoming Characters
Jungle Book Upcoming Characters
Monsters Inc. Upcoming Characters
The Incredibles Upcoming Characters
Mulan Upcoming Characters
Alice Through The Looking Glass Upcoming Characters
Wreck It Ralph Upcoming Characters
See main article: Weekend Challenges
Out of Time / Backtrack
If your character remains idle too long or backtracks too much, then a flying obstacle will snatch your character away. The obstacles varies from world to world. Here is a list of the following that can snatch your character:
- Zootopia - Z.P.D. Helicopter
- Mickey Mouse & Friends - The Eagle
- Toy Story - The Claw
- The Haunted Mansion - A Raven
- The Lion King- A Vulture
- Big Hero 6 - San Fransokyo Blimp
- Tangled - A Blue Bird
- Inside Out - A Memory Tube
- Wreck-It Ralph - A Cy-Bug
- The Jungle Book - A Bandar-log Monkey on a vine
- Alice Through the Looking Glass - Time Rust
- Finding Dory - Mr. Ray
- Pirates of the Caribbean - Kraken's Tentacle
- Monsters, Inc. - C.D.A. Helicopter
- Aladdin - Magic Carpet / Iago (when playing as Magic Carpet)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack's Snowmobile
- Moana - Eight Eyed Bat
- Mulan - Big Flying Firework
- The Incredibles - Manta Jet
- Beauty and the Beast - Chandelier
- Lilo & Stitch - Gantu's Ship / Jumba's Ship (when playing as Captain Gantu)
- Cars - Wrecking Ball
The environments are a main aspect in the game. The worlds' environments are all based on locations from their movies. Here is a list of the following locations that a player can be able to hop in:
- Tundratown from Zootopia
- Basic Crossy Road Environment from Mickey Mouse & Friends
- Al's Toy Barn from Toy Story 2
- Hallways from The Haunted Mansion
- The Pride Lands from The Lion King
- San Fransokyo from Big Hero 6
- Corona Forest from Tangled
- Riley's Mind from Inside Out
- Sugar Rush from Wreck-It Ralph
- Indian Jungle from The Jungle Book
- Time's Castle from Alice Through The Looking Glass
- Great Barrier Reef from Finding Dory
- Pirates' Ships from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Monstropolis from Monsters, Inc.
- Agrabah Marketplace from Aladdin
- Halloween Town from The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Lalotai: The Realm of the Monsters from Moana
- Imperial City from Mulan
- Nomanisan Island from The Incredibles
- Beast's Dining Room from Beauty and The Beast
- Honolulu from Lilo and Stitch
- Thunder Hollow from Cars
8 Bit Themes
The 8-bit themes are also a main aspect in the game. The musics and songs are all based on song tracks from their movies. Here is a list of the following songs that a player can hear when hopping:
- "Mickey Mouse Club March" - Mickey Mouse and Friends
- "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" (When playing as any of the Holiday Characters)
- "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Toy Story
- "Spanish Buzz Theme" - (When playing as Spanish Buzz)
- "I Just Can't Wait to Be King" - The Lion King
- "Something That I Want" - Tangled
- "Bundle of Joy" - Inside Out
- "A Bunny Can Go Savage" - Zootopia
- "Try Everything" - (When playing as Gazelle, Clawhauser or Christmas Clawhauser)
- "Mr. Big" - (When playing as Mr. Big)
- "Grim Grinning Ghosts" - The Haunted Mansion
- "The Bare Necessities"- The Jungle Book (When playing as Baloo or Classic Baloo)
- "Trust in Me" - (When playing as Kaa)
- "I Wanna Be Like You" - (When playing as King Louie or Classic King Louie)
- "White Rabbit" - Alice Through The Looking Glass
- "Finding Dory Main Title" - Finding Dory
- "Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life for Me)" - Pirates of the Caribbean (When playing as Tiny, Auctioneer, Prison Dog, Helmsman and Stray Cat)
- "If I Didn't Have You" - Monsters, Inc.
- "One Jump Ahead" - Aladdin
- "Arabian Nights" - (When playing as Gazeem, Beggar Jafar and Golden Scarab Beetle)
- "What's This?" - The Nightmare Before Christmas
- "Shiny" - Moana
- "Honor to Us All" - Mulan
- "The Incredits" - The Incredibles
- "Be Our Guest" - Beauty and The Beast
- "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" - Lilo and Stitch
- "Ride" - Cars
Many glitches have appeared on Disney Crossy Road and some are still rising through the new updates.
- The Loss Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.0. Perhaps one of the most common glitches occurs when a players loses all of their data. All characters and previous winnings are suddenly gone. Many reasons have been found for the glitch; iCloud data save lost, bad devices, versions not having compatibility with the device, ect. Cases have been decreasing since the last updates.
- Gift Unlimited Coins Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.0 and was fixed at the Version 1.002. This glitch gave thousands of players, a free gift that contained unlimited coins. The coin total would continue rising until the app was closed.
- Time Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.0 and was fixed at the Version 1.003. This glitch gave the ability for players to gain their free gift, advance their time clock a day ahead and gain another free gift, and continue this pattern as long as they could. However, a new version of the Time Glitch was then found. (View Advanced Time Glitch)
- 2 New Alice Characters Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.2 and was fixed at the Version 1.201. This glitch gave a few players the ability to play as Bayard and White Queen in the Alice Through The Looking Glass Update before its official release on the next update; a minor update for the EMEA week for Google Play on Android devices.
- Loss of High Scores Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.2. and was fixed at the Version 2.0. This glitch has been extremely common since the Alice Through The Looking Glass Update. The glitch occurred when a player loses his new high scores. When a player made a new high score with a character, the app would close itself. When the app would be reopened, the new high score would be lost.
- All Daily Mission Characters Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.2 and was fixed at the Version 2.0. Originally, other steps were made to do this glitch. However, the Advanced Time Glitch was found to be faster and more effective. If the player uses the glitch, they can unlock all the daily missions by winning all the stamps.
- Beta Version Glitch: Arrived at Version 1.3. This minor glitch occurs on iOS devices. Sometimes when a player chooses a character, he / she will appear in the beta version of the world with a very light green floor and few green obstacles. Usually, the game returns to the original version a few seconds later.
- Less Enchanted Characters Pixels: Arrived at Version 2.7. This minor glitch is very simple and it consists of the 10 pixels counter not resetting even after and entire day. The counter can stay locked for few days, leaving the character unable to collect more pixels with the glitching Enchanted character.
- Skeletal Reindeer Glitch: Arrived at Version 2.1.1. This glitch only occurs on Windows editions of the game. Whenever the player plays as the Alien, the Skeletal Reindeer from The Nightmare Before Christmas will appear instead of other Little Green Men.
- Flat Maui Glitch: Arrived at Version 2.3. This glitch happens with Maui. To do it, you must start the round holding your finger down (Like the character would be going backwards). From then on, Maui's character even if he shapeshifts will go downwards towards the ground every time.
- Daily Missions Problem Glitch: Arrived at Version 2.3 and fixed at the Version 2.7. This glitch happens to both iOS, Android, and Windows users. Once a user has time-glitched their game, it can occur to them that their daily missions will glitch completing all 6 stamps and not being able to do any more after that, as the counter will have disappeared. This often leads players to being very late on daily missions.
- Daily Missions Forever Glitch: Arrived in Version 3.0. This glitch has, so far, appeared on multiple players' game on iOS. Upon completing a daily mission, the player can exit of the game, close the app, reopen the app, and the daily mission's timer will have reset to zero without changing the time of the device. The mission would not change the character needed to complete each mission, and the goal is always the same. This allowed players to obtain daily missions characters they were missing in mere hours.
- Rapunzel, Jasmine, Belle, Moana and Fa Mulan are currently the only Disney Princesses to be playable in the game.
- 6 out of 12 Pixar franchises have their own world. (Inside Out, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Dory, The Incredibles, and Cars)
- To celebrate the official announcement of Wreck-It Ralph 2 (Ralph wrecks the Internet), the game Disney Crossy Road has added Ralph in other worlds (Lion King, Zootopia, Mickey Mouse & Friends, etc.) where he has actually traveled to other games, and can be seen on the sidewalks of some worlds. He can also be seen wrecking the Prize Machine when a player buys a character.
- A new secret feature hidden in (Options - Credits - Mickey Mouse Button) will let you play with many new FREE characters from the Mighty Games & Hipster Whale creators as well as many of the Disney creators. From them include Matt Hall, Andy Sum, Giselle Rosman and all the directors, creators, programmers, and publishers of the Disney industry that have participated in the game.
- As of Version 2.2, any character who previously did not have eyes, such as the Citizens of Niceland and Sugar Rush, have eyes.
- Hamm was the only legendary character in-game till DCR's 13th Update, Lilo and Stitch, adding a new legendary character, Genie in the Lamp.
- In version 2.8 (the Lilo and Stich update), many characters including Cri-Kee were removed from the game.
- These characters were added back in version 3.0 (the Cars update).